Our annual Cranmer Park Community Picnic & Fireworks watching is a RAIN or SHINE event. Colorado weather is exciting and changeable. We recommend being prepared. Cranmer Park is an open space with no formal shelter.
- Leave your pups at home as dogs are generally not fans of fireworks and loud noises.
- Please do not bring glass bottles to the park – glass is not allowed in Denver Parks for many good reasons, most importantly because when broken it can become dangerous to the children, pets and adults who regularly use the park.
- Bring a lawn game and invite others to play – it is great way to get to know your neighbors.
- Bring a Kite! This a great park for a kite – as long as you stay away from the kite-hungry trees along the edges of the park.
- We have some great food trucks this year – save yourself the hassle of packing a picnic. List of food trucks here.
- We aim for a Zero Waste event but need your help! Please walk or bike to the party. When packing your picnic, choose reusable or compostable materials whenever possible and pack out what you pack in. Please, Leave No Trace.
- Belo Horizonte (the street that runs through Cranmer Park) will be blocked off for the event, so, for a drop off and wheelchair accessible option and access without an incline, please use the park entrance on 2nd Ave and Dexter.
- Proudly wear and bring your Red, White & Blue.