Public Hearing Re: 219-245 S. Holly St (Green Flats Project)
The Denver Planning Board advises the mayor and Denver City Council on land use matters including planning and zoning. The 11-member board reviews and makes recommendations on rezoning requests, plans, certain district design standards and guidelines, view planes and other land use rules and regulations.
- Time and date: 3 p.m., Wednesday, November 7th
- Location: Parr-Widener Community Room (#389), City and County Building, 1437 Bannock St. Meetings are also broadcast live on Denver’s Channel 8 and online at www.Denver8.TV.
- Overflow seating: If necessary, the Council Committee Room (#391) of the City and County Building, next door to Parr-Widener, will have a television broadcasting the meeting.
- Accessibility: If you need a sign language interpreter or CART Services, contact [email protected] at least three business days ahead of the meeting you’d like to attend. For other public accommodation requests/concerns related to a disability, please contact [email protected].
Anyone may submit written comments and/or speak in person on any items that come before the Denver Planning Board. These may include proposed map amendments (rezonings) or text amendments to the Denver Zoning Code, and plans.
How to Submit Comments for a Public Hearing
- Email comments to the case manager: The name and email address of each case manager are listed under the specific case in the proposed rezonings page, the text amendments page, or the appropriate plan page (see Plans in Progresss). Comments on rezonings may also be sent to [email protected].
- Send comments by mail to:
ATTN: Case manager
Community Planning and Development
201 W. Colfax Avenue, Dept 205
Denver, CO 80202
In your message, please identify the rezoning case, text amendment or plan you are addressing.
Rezoning case is 2017I-00153 and Case Manager is Theresa Lucero. Any questions regarding this proposed rezoning may be directed to Theresa Lucero, Senior City Planner, at [email protected].
When to Submit Comments for a Public Hearing
Written comments are welcome throughout the adoption process for all rezonings, amendments or plans.
- Rezonings: Comments may be sent once the rezoning application is posted on the proposed rezonings page and public notice is sent to registered neighborhood organizations.
- Text amendments: Comments on zoning text amendments may be sent once proposed amendments are posted on the text amendments page.
- Plans: Comments on plans may be sent once the plan page has been listed on the Plans in Progress page.
Once the date of a public hearing has been set, there are two time windows for submitting comments for the Planning Board’s review. We encourage anyone wishing to submit a comment to do so as early in the process as possible.
Comment Window #1: OPENS when public notice goes out, CLOSES at 5 p.m. 9 days before the public hearing. Comments submitted during this window are included in the staff report that is distributed to Planning Board members and posted online one week before the public hearing. (Note: If the staff report closing deadline lands on a city holiday, deadlines for comments to be included may change. Contact the case manager for information.)
Comment Window #2: OPENS at the end of Comment Window #1, CLOSES at 12 p.m. (noon) on the day before the public hearing. Comments submitted during this window are distributed electronically to Planning Board on a regular basis and by hard copy at the meeting.
Comments submitted after Planning Board public hearing: Comments received after Comment Window #2 or after the Planning Board public hearing are included in all staff reports prepared for subsequent meetings and public hearings on the case, according to the following deadlines:
- Land Use, Transportation and Infrastructure Committee (LUTI): Meetings are held every Tuesday. Staff reports close for comments at noon the Thursday before the meeting.
- City Council: Meetings are held every Monday. Staff reports close for comments at noon the Thursday before. After noon on that Thursday, comments may be emailed to [email protected] until 3 p.m. the day of the City Council public hearing. All comments emailed to this address will be forwarded to all City Council members. After 3 p.m. on the day of the hearing, written comments may be submitted at the public hearing to the Council Secretary, who will distribute them to the council. In order to provide council members adequate time to review written comments, members of the public are strongly encouraged to submit their comments prior to the day of the public hearing.
The public is also welcome to speak at the public hearing and/or submit written comments for the record at the public hearing.