INC PARC Meeting
Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation’s Park and Recreation Committee meets the third Tuesday of each month now via Zoom. Meetings are open to the public and all are welcome.
If you wish to join this discussion, please register using the link below, entering some basic information and we will send you the Zoom link for the July virtual meeting. This meeting will also be recorded so it can be shared on the INC website. Please note that by joining the call you consent to being recorded. Copy and paste this link into your browser to register: https://www.denverinc.org/inc-parc-zoom-meeting/ or just follow the link.
This months topic is Parkways and Blvds and the role that the Department Of Infrastructure and Transportation play in them. In Hilltop, we are lucky to have within our neighborhood two historic parkways, 6th Avenue and Clermont Street Parkways, and on two of our boundaries, Alameda Parkway and Colorado Boulevard, although it does not live up to it’s name’s possibilities. Perhaps we can find out why at this meeting. PARC has invited DOTI to send a representative for this discussion. Mark Tabor, Principal Park Planner has agreed to join the meeting as well.
Some questions the committee would like discussed are:
- How are decisions made and what is the process when there is a potential change to be made to the parkway or Blvd?
- What are the common issues that effect parkways and Blvd. from DOTI’s perspective?
- In what way does DOTI view parkways and Blvd. as assets and impediments to traffic?
- What department is responsible for maintaining medians And dividers on parkways, Blvds and streets?
- Are there plans to create more parkways and Blvds to connect neighborhoods to parks and destinations?
- Colorado Blvd and Federal Blvd are two major streets that have not seen the benefits of being boulevards or be designated, is there a plan to address this disparity?
- How is the budget allocated to address the streets, parkways and Blvds.?