Cranmer Park Community Picnic & Concert
Join us for our 5th Annual Community Picnic & Concert at Cranmer Park on Friday, July 1st from 6:00pm until the last sparkle of the Glendale Fireworks, visible from our vantage point at the park. Featuring a free concert of patriotic and popular music performed by our Denver Municipal Band, this fun family event is co-hosted by your Hilltop Neighborhood Association and our District 5 City Councilwoman Amanda Sawyer. Be sure to arrive early – around 6:30pm – to meet the Denver Fire Department’s Fire Crew and see their Fire Engine up close – a fun and exciting opportunity for the kids!
Here’s a sneak peek at the food trucks we will have in attendance:
- Original by Greeks
- OG Burgers
- Dude Bro Taco
- What Would Cheezus Do?
- Downtown Fingers
- Wheels on Fire
- High Point Creamery
- Sprinkle Me Smitten
- Kona Ice
Many thanks to our neighborhood sponsors for making this event possible!
- Independent Financial of Cherry Creek
- The Iris Building Group
- Denver Streets Partnership
- Councilwoman Amanda Sawyer
- The member supporters of the Hilltop Neighborhood Association
Important Reminders/Tips for our Community Picnic
Our annual Cranmer Park Community Picnic & Fireworks watching is a RAIN or SHINE event. Colorado weather is exciting and changeable. We recommend being prepared. Cranmer Park is an open space with no formal shelter.
– Leave your pups at home as dogs are generally not fans of fireworks and loud noises.
– Please do not bring glass bottles to the park – glass is not allowed in Denver Parks for many good reasons, most importantly because when broken it can become dangerous to the children, pets and adults who regularly use the park.
– Bring a lawn game and invite others to play – it is great way to get to know your neighbors. Bring a Kite! This a great park for a kite – as long as you stay away from the kite-hungry trees along the edges of the park.
– We have some great food trucks this year – save yourself the hassle of packing a picnic.
– Parking is limited! Please walk or bike to the party.
– When packing your picnic, choose reusable or compostable materials whenever possible and pack out what you pack in. Please, Leave No Trace. This year we have stationed a large rolloff on the east side of the park for all trash/solid waste collection during the event and we are asking attendees to drop their solid waste there as they prepare to leave.
– Belo Horizonte (the street that runs through Cranmer Park) will be blocked off for the event, so for a drop off and wheelchair accessible options without an incline, please use the park entrance on 2nd Ave and Dexter or the passenger drop off at the 3rd Ave entrance.
– Proudly wear and bring your Red, White & Blue.