Community Meetings Regarding Common Consumption Areas
Please join the Denver Department of Excise and Licenses at a community meeting to learn more about the legislative history, statutory requirements, and potential features of Liquor Common Consumption Areas in Denver. Attendees may also ask questions and provide feedback based on the information presented.
In 2011, the Colorado General Assembly passed a law that authorizes local jurisdictions to license designated areas where patrons over the age of twenty-one can drink alcoholic beverages in an enclosed common space, serviced by existing liquor-licensed establishments. This year, the Department has been seeking internal feedback from city agencies and public safety groups, as well as external feedback from citizens, business and tourism groups, industry members, and RNOs. These community meetings are being offered to maximize the input we receive from citizens and RNOs.
Liquor Common Consumption Areas can provide exciting new opportunities for Denver. Our goals in pursuing these opportunities and seeking feedback from the community are as follows:
- To design a process and structure to allow Denver’s rich and diverse communities to foster their own unique events;
- To provide a logical and accessible platform where local businesses, neighborhoods, and stakeholders can utilize private and public spaces in creative ways; and
- To implement procedures for the safe, responsible, and effective operation of these areas.
WHEN and WHERE?
There will be two opportunities to hear the Department’s presentation, ask questions, and provide feedback:
- Tuesday, November 13th from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Swansea Recreation Center (2946-2650 E 49th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216)
- Wednesday, November 14th from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library (305 Milwaukee Street, Denver, CO 80206)
These community meetings are open to any citizen or RNO seeking to learn more about or provide feedback on the future of Liquor Common Consumption Areas in Denver. Attendees can expect to hear from the following representatives from the Denver Department of Excise and Licenses:
- Ashley Kilroy, Director
- Molly Duplechian, Deputy Director of Policy and Administration
- Erica Rogers, Policy Analyst
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
If you cannot attend either of the community meetings, but would like to be included in future updates regarding the development of Liquor Common Consumption Areas in Denver or if you have any questions, please email [email protected].