Now available: Denver Parks & Recreation Dog Park Master Plan Technical Update
After reviewing community feedback and evaluating best management practices in dog parks throughout North America, Denver Parks & Recreation presents the final plan document along with the accompanying community-driven pilot process for proposing new dog park locations to the public.
Read the full Dog Park Master Plan Technical Update (19MB PDF)
As a reminder, the Technical Update is meant to:
- Outline the current local and national context for dog parks
- Establish a community-driven approach to dog park site selection
- Propose new design guidelines that will inform future dog park design
- Review and evaluate current maintenance practices
- Recommend policies to help the city develop a foundation for well-planned, sustainable dog parks
Learn more, read the full plan, and begin the proposal process!