UPDATE Jan 11, 2022
Denver Water project update for Hilltop/Washington Virginia Vale neighbors.
We previously shared plans for Denver Water to begin a water main replacement project this week on South Forest Street, from East Alameda Avenue to East Dakota Avenue (original post below). Due to unforeseen permitting challenges, our crews will instead begin work on North Hudson Street, from East 1st Avenue to East 3rd Avenue. Residents in this area have been notified by flyer, and we will return to South Forest Street at a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this scheduling change may cause.
Beginning in January 2022
What: Denver Water is starting a water main replacement project in the Hilltop and Washington Virginia Vale neighborhoods beginning early January 2022. Crews will be replacing over 7,500 linear feet of aging water mains underneath the road. During this project, we also may encounter customer-owned water services lines that contain lead. If that occurs, we will coordinate directly with the property owner to replace the lead service line with a copper service line at no direct cost to them.
When: Work will begin early January 2022 and is expected to last approximately five months. We will make every attempt to complete this project within the stated timeframe; however, as with any construction project, unforeseen circumstances, such as weather conditions, material shortages and crew availability may extend the completion of work. Emergency work may also take priority. Working hours are typically Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Some weekend work may be required.
Where: Crews will work from south to north, completing all work south of East Alameda Avenue and in East Alameda Avenue, to accommodate upcoming paving on East Alameda Avenue.
- South Forest Street between East Alameda and East Dakota avenues.
- South Glencoe Street between East Dakota and East Bayaud avenues.
- South Grape Street between East Dakota and East Bayaud avenues.
- South Hudson Street between East Ellsworth and East Bayaud avenues.
- North Forest Street between East Ellsworth and East 2nd avenues.
- North Hudson Street between East 1st and East 3rd avenues.
Project communications: The attached mailer is being sent out to residents and businesses in the neighborhood this week and door hangers will be delivered to impacted properties closer to the start of construction. In addition, Denver Water will provide periodic updates throughout the project via the social media platform Nextdoor. If neighbors have questions about the project, they should contact Denver Water Customer Care at 303-893-2444*.
* Customer Care is experiencing long wait times due to a labor shortage. When possible, customers should visit denverwater.org for self-service options and project information.