News and updates, including the Lead Reducation Program from Denver Water:
In 2022, Denver Water’s 1,000+ employees worked together to deliver nearly 68 billion gallons of safe, great-tasting drinking water to 1.5 million people in Denver and surrounding suburbs.
And even as the water flows to customers every day, Denver Water continues to prepare for the future, with major investments in the water system to ensure the needs of our growing community are met in an ever-changing environment.
Some of the accomplishments seen in 2022 include:
- Beginning of construction on the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project;
- Passing the milestone of more than 15,000 lead service lines replaced since the beginning of the Lead Reduction Program (read about the federal funding boost to this effort here);
- Making significant progress on the new Northwater Treatment Plant;
- Replacing more than 120,000 feet of aging water pipelines under city streets;
- And preparing to move our water quality lab into the new CSU Spur campus at the National Western Center.
From everyone at Denver Water, it was an honor to serve you, our customer, in 2022 and we look forward to a great 2023!