There are two groups of neighbors working on Traffic and Parking issues within the Hilltop neighborhood:
- The Traffic Committee of the Civic Association works on Parking and Traffic issues that are neighborhood specific.
- The CBHD Traffic, Parking and Bicycle Subcommittee is a comprised of representatives from each of the neighborhoods adjacent to the 9th & CO redevelopment project.
CBHD Traffic, Pedestrian and Bicycle Subcommittee
- To work with and through the CBHD, city representatives, city traffic specialists and developer to preserve and enhance neighborhood street safety during and after neighborhood development, including the Alliance and 9thand Colorado development, as well as the 8th and Jersey development.
- To work with the city and developer to identify and develop safe school, pedestrian and bicycle corridors through neighborhoods adjacent to the 9th and Colorado development.
- To collect and communicate neighborhood concerns and ideas to CBHD, City transportation specialists, and other appropriate parties.
- To monitor for traffic/parking issues and problems. Assist in collecting data where appropriate. Review development and traffic plans for traffic/parking impacts. Communicate comments and concerns to appropriate parties.
- To help identify and secure any possible funding or resources that could help support safe school, bicycle, and pedestrian routes, as well as other neighborhood traffic safety problems.