Make Your Plans to Celebrate DENVER DAYS
Denver Days 2018 Registration is NOW Open!!
Looking for an excuse to meet the new neighbors? Let DenverDays help out. They’ll even waive fees for park and block party permits AND provide free street barricades for residential block parties.
What is Denver Days?
Mayor Michael B. Hancock envisioned a city where neighbors not only knew their neighbors but as a result felt safer and more connected to the communities they call home. Five years ago the Mayor turned that vision into reality by creating Denver Days, a program during the first week of August that encourages neighbors to get to know their neighbors by hosting block parties, picnics, and service projects with the focus on small, organic gatherings.
Denver Days Event Criteria
To be considered a Denver Days event, events must fit any to all of the below criteria:
- Neighbor to neighbor focus
- Service projects with neighborhood improvement focus
- Cultural showcase events
- Residential street events (non-residential requests will be considered on a case by case basis and may not be eligible for free barricades)
- Neighborhood focused at neighborhood (smaller) parks
- Small business discounts/convenings for community members