INC Transportation Committee Mtg
The Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation Transportation Committee is transitioning to online meetings via Zoom. Read on for the details!
Everyone is welcome! We discuss a range of transportation, transit, and streets topics, build connections with the agencies and organizations involved, and ensure that neighborhood input is included in plans at all levels! Participants do not need to be INC delegates. You are welcome to participate even if your neighborhood organization is not a member of INC, or you are not active in a neighborhood group. Please pass on this invitation to anyone who might be interested in joining the committee.
5/14 – A message from Joel Nobel, the INC Transportation Committee Chair:
Two months have passed since it became clear that group gatherings such as our planned March meeting weren’t in our members’ interest. Days later, city- and state-wide stay at home orders reinforced the urgency of our community response to the pandemic.
From my home to wherever you are, I hope you and the people you love have been well in this challenging time.
In the past week, the INC Board of Directors selected the Zoom platform for remote meetings for committee, delegate, and Board meetings, and has subscribed to a “Pro” license for all INC meeting use. Committee meetings are starting up, and it’s time to set our new format and cadence while maintaining our committee’s success at bringing timely, engaging and important topics to an open, citywide group of neighbors.
In our new format, we will:
- Meet monthly (up from every-other-month), still on the second Thursday of the month
- Have 90-minute sessions (down from 120-minute meetings), 6:30pm-8pm
- Share recorded sessions for playback or revisiting (increased accessibility!)
- Continue presentation-with-Q&A style (with Q&A format changing to meet the online model and avoid the “Zoom bombing” disruption that some meetings have suffered from)
- Introduce interview-style discussions where that is easier for our invited guests who have information to share but no prepared presentation
- Introduce “lightning talk” short topics — 5-minute committee member presentations on challenges, successes, and ideas others can learn from or help with. Slides/visuals welcome where helpful. I’m a big fan of this format for a focused presentation of an idea without the pressure of developing a long talk.
Please send me your ideas — What do you want to hear about? Do you have a short topic on which you’d like to present? What advice do you have based on your online meeting experiences? How would you like to help?
I look forward to returning — differently — to our conversations about the ever-evolving transportation topics in our city, and how we as neighbors can stay involved in shaping our shared mobility future.
— Joel Noble, INC Transportation Committee Chair