“It is intended to support and promote the stay at home and social distancing directives and ensure the safety of outdoor public spaces during the emergency,” a statement from the city reads.
Here are the rules governing parks until July 23:
- Alcohol (including beer, wine and champagne) is not allowed
- If you are sick, stay home
- Separate at least 6 feet from others at all times
- Do not gather or travel in groups
- Group sports and activities are prohibited
- Shared use of equipment is not allowed (i.e.: frisbees, footballs, etc.)
- Bring your own hand sanitizer/washing supplies
- Leash your dog to prevent accidental cross-contamination with others
- Park hours are 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
While recreations centers are closed during the shelter in place orders, DPR is offering many online activities including fitness classes, art classes, trivia games and activities for older adults, children and families. Learn more here.